9 Easy Steps on How To Write A Golf Blog Post…and Why You Should
How do we get our Golf Course Website to the top of Google?
This is a question (and sometimes demand) we get from clients on an almost daily basis. And fair enough. I mean, a person can understand why a business would aspire for high google search rankings for the services they offer. After all, their livelihood depends on it. A person wants a plumber, they Google it. Gone are the days of sifting through the yellow pages. This is not a shock to anyone and I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know.
What most clients don’t know however is that SEO (getting to the top of Google) is not something that happens overnight. SEO is a long-term strategy and something they will need to work at regularly. When we develop websites, we do optimize all code, page titles, etc. to be search engine friendly. Though think of that, if you will, as more of laying the foundation of a house. It is up to you to build your amazing SEO home of your dreams. But how you ask? Content, Content, Content.
BLOGGING FOR THE WIN!
Blogging is the best thing a Golf Course / Golf Professional can do for their website’s SEO ranking for a couple of reasons:
- Gives you something to share on social media accounts
- Acts as a way to provide frequent and fresh content to your website
But I don’t know how to blog!
Fear not my friend, blogging isn’t as bad as you think. And everyone’s doing it. In fact because of this, there are tons of resources at your disposal. Like this awesome article by HubSpot (even has free blogging templates). Just follow these steps below and you will be golden.
BLOGGING 101: HOW TO WRITE A BLOG POST
- Know your audience. Speak their lingo and to what they care about.
- Topic. Your title will likely change and evolve after your post is done, but one must always start with a topic. Often you will have honed into a more specific niche topic by the time your post is done.
- Write a captivating intro. Remember you’re trying to keep them interested, not bore them to death.
- Organize, Organize, Organize. Because nobody likes clutter.
- Write. Perhaps both the most obvious step and one people struggle with most, but hey thought we’d add it in.
- Proofread & edit. Beyond grammar you want to make sure it’s visually appealing. Pictures & layout must be top notch.
- Add CTA (call-to-action) at the end. Bring out your inner boss and tell readers what to do…”Book a Lesson”, “View our Dinner Menu”. Where do you want them to click next?
- Optimize post for SEO. Check titles, keywords, and links. Make sure you have the keywords you want to be ranked for somewhere within your post.
- Pick a catchy title. Again the point is you want people to read your blog. A good hook, line and sinker. An added bonus of a well-written and informative Blog Post is that when you send out your Blog Post through your Social Media Channels, it will get re-posted and shared by your followers, ultimately providing extra free marketing for your Golf Course.
BLOGGING IS EASY
So there you have it. The most important steps to remember when writing a blog post. If that good old #5 is what’s putting you off, don’t worry, not everyone can be an Ernest Hemingway. Check out these awesome and free Blog Templates from Hubspot!
Here’s where you can follow YasGolf: